Devon is committed to using creative and exciting methods to foster student interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). These are all critical subjects that students must master to be better prepared for continuing their education and the future workforce they will join. It also plays an important role in the oil and natural gas industry as geologists, engineers and other petro-technical professionals are vital to the industry’s ability to responsibly develop the United States energy resources.
The Devon STEM Center Grant provides a Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation STEM Center, installed on the campus of the winning applicant. The STEM Center is a fully-outfitted, innovative classroom that features unique products that allow students to both hone their math and science skills and stretch their imaginations.
- Schools must be located in Oklahoma County (Click here for the STEM Center Grant in western Oklahoma)
- Schools must be public elementary schools
- Only one application form per campus
- Principal must approve the application
- Thursday, Oct. 31
- Winning school will have a selected space in their school installed with:
- Hands on learning tools including, but not limited to, Bee Bots, Ozobots and ROK Blocks
- 3-D printer
- Tables and chairs
- STEM supplies
- Winning school will receive curriculum utilizing their new STEM Center tools, teacher training and additional support resources from the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation
- Winning school will be selected by January 2020 with project install in early 2020
- Award valued at $30,000